Avengers Cast In Real Life May Change The Way We Understand The Whole Story
With the recent spotlight on Marvel's Avengers, we have come to be very interested in everything that has to do with the movies, and many other theories based on all we have seen so far. However, we are going to focus on the characters and the actors that portray them. Some of them, you would only recognize by who they are in the movies and not who they are in real life. Let's see them.
1. Nebula is portrayed by Karen Gillan. We bet you couldn't totally recognize her because of her character's blue and robotic appearance. But if you know what to look for, you can see her features under all her getup.
2. Dave Bautista is who plays Drax in our favorite movies. We can totally see him under his alien disguise since he is also a professional wrestler and we have seen him like this. Well, minus all the body paint that he needs for the movies.
3. Chadwick Boseman portrays Black Panther. This one is not hard to recognize since he appears without his costume in many parts of the movie. However, you may refer to him as T'Challa or King of Wakanda, and we wouldn't fault you for that.
4. Spider-Man is given life in the movies by Tom Holland. We've had the opportunity to see other actors reprised this role. However, he has been the last and best choice for the teenager Peter Parker. Side note, he is British and a fantastic dancer.
5. Groot is voiced by Vin Diesel. We wouldn't have known that the Fast and Furious actor was who gave our tree-like superhero life with his mannerism and his different tones to say "I am Groot". However, we can see that he is in there under all the CG.
6. Gamora, who is portrayed by Zoe Saldana, is part of the Guardians of the Galaxy. While she chooses to fight against the villains in the MCU universe, in real life, she is fighting an autoimmune disease called Hashimoto's thyroiditis. She needs to have a gluten-free and dairy-free diet.
7. Peter Quill, better known as Star-Lord or so he wishes, came to life with the help of Chris Pratt. In real life, he has a more rugged look with less blond hair and more facial hair. It is not so hard to see him changing between roles, his character's persona and his usual self.
8. Elizabeth Olsen portrays Wanda Maximoff. In the movies, we see her going from being on the wrong side to fighting for the greater good. We even get to see her with her love interest on the big screen. However, in real life, she is just starting to get noticed.
9. Sebastian Stan embodies Bucky Barnes in the Marvel movies. He has changed from the good guy to the bad one and vice versa. In real life, Stan is Romanian and has taken up many roles during his career as an actor.
10. Laura Barton is portrayed by Linda Cardellini. From the movie, the few times that we have seen her, we know that she is Hawkeye's wife and lives as secretively as they can, while in real life she is an accomplished actress with a very active presence.
11. Mantis is interpreted by Pom Klementieff. We would not have been able to recognize her with her long purple hair and her feelers. In real life, she is a Canadian-French actress with an entirely different look than Mantis, long blond hair and outfit.
12. Loki, the god of mischief, came to life through Tom Hiddleston's interpretation. We think this has been his best role yet. Fortunate for us, the changes between character and real life are a few, but you can still see it is him on the big screen. No shock there!
13. Natasha Romanoff is portrayed by Scarlett Johansson. From the first time that we started to see her in the MCU movies, there has been no mistaken identity going on here. We can tell that Johansson is under the spy/assassin persona that she adopted as Black Widow.
14. Between Chris Hemsworth and Thor, there is not that much of a difference. The only thing is that Thor is the god of thunder while Hemsworth is just regarded as a god because of his good looks. Apart from that, there is no problem recognizing him in costume.
15. Valkyrie is a troubled last survivor of her race that has to work through her demons to help Thor. However, in real life, Tessa Thompson is an American actress that very recently has come out as bisexual. Therefore, she is as brave as a Valkyrie warrior.
16. The Hulk is one unique character because it is the alter ego of Bruce Banner. Since in the movie we see Mark Ruffalo as a big green humanoid and at the same time as he "normally" is, there is not that much difference between the character and real life.
17. We can really see the resemblance between Thanos and Josh Brolin. Of course, the Mad Titan is given life through CG and the actor. Many of the mannerisms are there, but if we are not told this beforehand, we wouldn't be able to recognize him.
18. Sam Wilson came to life by Anthony Mackie's acting skills. He is just as upstanding as his character. Between Falcon and his real-life persona, there is not that much difference like in other cases because his costume just consists of an armor with which he can fly.
19. The character we have come to know as Vision is actually Paul Bettany. It would be really hard to know that unless we were told beforehand. This is because the character has a whole green and red get up with the Mind Stone in his forehead.
20. The voice of Rocket Raccoon comes from Bradley Cooper. Since the character is totally different to how Cooper is, we wouldn't have been able to see it unless we were told. On another note, with the picture below, you can see some resemblances.
21. We are not so surprised by the real-life look of Iron Man because during the movie we get to see him without his superhero attire.
22. The same can be said about Doctor Strange and Benedict Cumberbatch. There is no difference between the actor and the superhero, except for some technical touches like the beard and the streaks of grey hair in his hair.
23. The difference between Maria Hill and Cobie Smulders is that one is a special agent while the other is an actress. Because in appearances, they are one and the same.
Which character's real-life appearance surprised you more? Would you have recognized them without their costume for the movies? Tell us all about it in the comment section below and share it with all your friends that love the MCU universe.
Source: Youtube/Then and Now
Check out our most popular content: