Kate Middleton Just Can't Help Wearing Same Old Clothes Over And Over
Recycling is good, and we are not talking about plastic or glass but clothes. We all do that every day because our wardrobes are not large enough to wear a piece of clothing only once (although we would love to). But when we think about celebs and royals, this is something that fans don't except. However, we have a serial outfit recycler, and we have to admit she's the best at it. That's right! We are talking about Kate Middleton, the future Queen.
Since she married Prince William, her life has been far from ordinary. But despite this, there is an aspect of her day to day in which she is pretty similar to the rest of us, and that is the fact that she wears outfits multiple times, which demonstrate how down-to-earth she is and her timeless fashion style. Below, you will find some looks that the Duchess of Cambridge has reused throughout the years. Take a look!
1. White-and-blue floral dress: Kate was seen with this L.K. Bennett number in 2014 and also in 2016, being considered one of her most famous outfits. Doesn't she look gorgeous?
2. Tartan coat: Kate exhibited her Alexander McQueen piece during a visit to her alma mater, St. Andrew's, in 2012, and she even played field hockey! Then, she donned it for a visit to St. Mary Magdalene Church in 2013.
3. Yellow dress: The mother-of-three debuted this sunny and bright yellow dress by Roksanda Ilincic when she traveled to New Zealand back in 2014. Two years later, she put it on again at Wimbledon.
4. The red woman: This color suits her so well that it is no surprise she has donned her fire-engine red Luisa Spagnoli skirt suit in three occasions: in 2011, 2014, and then last year. We love the ensemble for cold weather!
5. Evening gown: This gorgeous pink-champagne beaded gown by Jenny Packham has been her choice in two opportunities, in 2011 and 2016. It looks fantastic with her hair down and with a hairdo.
6. The red woman, part 2: And going back to the red color, Middleton also owns a gown by Jenny Packham that she wore with different tiaras, once for a dinner in China in 2015 and then for a reception at Buckingham Palace a year later.
7. Going silky: Perhaps you already noticed it, but the Duchess is fond of Packham's designs, and she also has this stunning silk dress featuring a black velvet sash belt that she has worn in three engagements.
8. Lace dress: The Duchess looked stunning in her black-and-cream lace overlay maxi dress by Temperley London that she put on during 2012 and 2013. This is one of her favorites!
9. Gray dress: Her debut in this Orla Kiely dress was in 2012, and then she wore it again in 2015. We love the delicate touch the floral pattern around the neck and the pleated skirt give to the overall look.
10. Keeping it simple: We have another number by Roksanda Ilincic, and we have to say it is a classic and feminine silvery-blue draped shift for Kate. She donned it in 2012 and 2016.
11. Nautical dress: William's wife has displayed several Alexander McQueen's designs, and here we have another one. This classy cream knit sweaterdress got an outing to Canada in 2011 and 2012 to Wimbledon.
12. St. Patrick's Day looks: For the celebration, Kate opted for an Emilia Wickstead coat with the perfect shade of green, and she donned it in both holidays in 2012 and 2013. She kept it simple with black heels each time.
13. A refreshing change: Kate is not into embellished pieces, so when she wore this Mathew Williamson dress featuring beaded neckline and peplum, we fell in love with her fashion twist with a pop of color.
14. Blue as the sky: Some pieces are so great that they are worth repeating many times, like Middleton's bright blue shift by Stella McCartney. She has worn it in no less than four opportunities since 2012.
15: Blue as the sky, part 2: Middleton really adores this color, because she has a day number in the same shade but by L.K. Bennett. She has always combined them with black accessories and pumps.
16. Very girly: We love Alexander McQueen's style, and it looks terrific on Meghan's sister-in-law. This feminine light pink skirt suit featuring a pleated skirt and a deep V neckline was spotted once in 2014 and again in 2016.
17. A casual number: George and Charlotte's mom purchased this white-and-grey Hobbs dress with bateau neckline and short sleeves and put it on in 2012. Its revival was for Kate's trip to New Zealand two years after.
18. Vintage style: We love the cool old vibes of this coat, and the designer couldn't be any other than McQueen. The shade of blue is perfect, and we love the RAF brooch that she pinned in 2016, different from the other years.
19. Elegance: For two occasions in 2012 and 2014, Middleton went for a sleek long-sleeved coat dress by Christopher Kane. In the second outing, she paired the dress with a hat in the same shade. Lovely!
20. Gray tweed: The steel blue M Missoni coat was a great choice when Kate went to Fortnum amp Mason in March of 2012 and added a yellow daffodils pin. Some months later, we saw her with the piece and a fascinator.
21. A girly expectant look: Even when she was pregnant, Kate is a stylish recycler. Just look at this pink Alexander McQueen coat that she wore during George's pregnancy in 2013 and Charlotte's in 2015.
22. Animal print: Her maternity fashion was daring when Kate was dressed in this Hobbs leopard-print dress for two different engagements. As always, she kept it simple with black and white accessories.
23. Brownish outfit: Coat dresses are very stylish yet functional. Here we have another example for Middleton's closet: a piece by Orla Kiely that she donned with the same accessories from head-to-toe twice.
24. Lemon yellow coat dress: We really like the color of this number and the fact that Emilia Wickstead custom-tailored it for the Duchess. She was attired with it to see the knighting of her hubby in 2012 and to visit Bhutan in 2016.
25. The Duchess' staple: Day Birger et Mikkelsen really made it big with this gorgeous cream frock coat that the stylish royal has displayed in at least three weddings in 2006, 2011, and 2012.
26. Black and white: This classic black-and-white knit patterned dress by Tory Burch has been recycled twice by the Duchess with her hair down on both opportunities, and we really understand why; it's terrific!
27. Aussie clothing: It is not very common that Kate has Australian pieces of clothes, but when she went on a trip to the land of kangaroos in 2014, she donned this white dress with a subtle floral pattern by Zimmerman. She showed it off again a few months later.
28. So comfortable in yellow: This dress has a similar style to the Aussie one, and this pale yellow frock is also classy and comfy. She broke it out during trips abroad in 2012 and 2014.
29. As green as emeralds: This shade of green suits the skin color of the Duchess of Cambridge, and this belted dress by Diane von Furstenberg was a great fashion choice in 2011. She donned it twice in the same month.
30. As a sailor: We have to confess this ensemble by Alexander McQueen was great to shake things up a bit. Middleton certainly rocked in 2011 and 2014 with this nautical style. We love the large buttons it features.
31. The pleated pinky dress: This Emilia Wickstead dress is so beautiful that the mother of three didn't waste a minute to dress in it twice in the same year of 2012. And we don't judge her since it is a lovely outfit.
32. The blue version: And Middleton is such a huge fan of Wickstead (just as Emma Watson is) that she has the same pleated dress in a bright shade of blue, and we totally understand why; its design is simple yet chic.
33. The purple coat: We have another case of a fashionable maternal outfit with this Séraphine purple coat and black velvet trim that Kate dressed in when she went to the Big Apple in 2014 and during a visit to the Rugby Portobello Trust last year. Pregnant royals must always be prime, and she certainly was!
34. Catherine's design: No, we are not saying the Duchess is a designer; we are talking about Catherine Walker & Co. (with a "c") who designed this blue coat shift. William's spouse donned it to visit Germany last year and for Sophie Carter's wedding in September of this year.
35. Lavender shift: Taking more purplish shades, here we have Middleton debuting her lavender dress by Emilia Wickstead in July last year, and then she took it out of her wardrobe again to make an appearance last month.
36. As turquoise as the sea: For a concert in May of 2012, the Duchess donned this teal gown by Jenny Packham. Then she resurrected it for a banquet this month, changing from and hairdo to loose waves.
37. Navy blue belted dress: And to finish this excellent list, we have this gorgeous navy blue frock with a belt in the same shade by Eponine London. Katherine appeared with it in January 2017, and then again this November.
What do you think about the way Kate Middleton has recycled her closet? We really like the fact that she has all the money in the world to buy clothes but still wears her outfits over and over again, a great role model for everyone, right? Tell us what you think in the comment section and share this info with other royal followers. Don't forget to keep up-to-date with more of our fantastic articles!
Check our most popular articles: