GoT' Actors Then And Now: Who Was Almost Unrecognisable Back In The Day
It is hard to believe that most of the actors in the HBO series ‘Game of Thrones’ were not always so hardened and conniving as they are now. You would easily agree that these stars have come a very long way on the show and all of them grew up in the course of the past seven seasons. When these actors are seen away from set, it is quite impossible to view them independently of their characters in the historical fantasy series. Many of your favorite ‘Game of Thrones’ characters were practically unrecognizable in their youth days. These eye-opening pictures of your favorite casts would help make the contrast clear between their younger days and how they look right now, especially as the show is coming to a wrap with its final episodes.
25. Aidan Gillen played the role of Lord Petyr Baelish in ‘Game of Thrones.’ He also played the role of Frank in the movie ‘The low down’ back in 2000. When photos of both characters are put side-by-side, it is evident that his spooky smile remains. Other than that, Aidan has sure matured physically over the years.
24. Lena Headey plays Cersei Lannister in ‘GOT.’ Photos of her younger self when she played the role of Mary in 1992’s ‘Waterland,’ and Guinevere in the ‘Merlin’ movie of 1998 shows that age appears to have nothing on her at all.
23. Iain Glenn plays Ser Jorah Mormont in the HBO series. He played the role of Brendan in 1988’s ‘Gorillas in the mist,’ and comparison of photos of both characters show that Iain Gleen has aged like fine wine.
22. Peter Dinklage is such an important character on the show. The role of Tyrion is almost unquestionable. Although Peter has evolved from Finbar in ‘The station agent’ in 2002. His iconic look of wisdom remains the same.
21. Conleth Hill was cast as the profound character, Lord Varys, in the HBO series. He played Roache in 1992’s ‘Blue heaven.’ You might be shocked at first that he had hair then.
20. Carice Van Houten who plays Melisandre’s character is definitely an attractive woman. Carice featured as Suzy in the movie ‘Suzy Q’ in 1999. It is evident that her beauty has increased over the years.
19. Natalie Dormer plays Margaery Tyrell in ‘GOT.’ Natalie acted as Victoria in 2005 ‘Casanova.’ It is safe to say that she keeps looking way younger than her age.
18. The difference between young Sansa and old Sansa is quite stark. Sophie Turner transforming from a blonde to a redhead is remarkable. Although, the hair change could be attributed to a costume factor, the look became hers indeed.
17. Jonathan Pryce was cast as the High Sparrow in ‘GOT.’ He also played the role of Sam Lowry in the movie ‘Brazil’ in 1985. His transition might be considered a little bit ironical. Jonathan had wings long before he became the high sparrow.
16. Indira Varma was hot as Ruttie in 1998’s ‘Jinnah.’ However, as Ellaria Sand in ‘GOT,’ she was way hotter. Indira appears to have aged backward.
15. Hannah Murray has always been a lovable actress. She played Cassie in 2007’s ‘Skins,’ and is famous for her role as Gilly in ‘GOT.’ Though Gilly is quite silly as a character, fans cannot help but love her still.
14. Stanis Baratheon was a character that made you indifferent towards him. However, we couldn’t help but love that cute side-eye thing he does. Stephen Dillane who plays Baratheon also had that look in his character as Michael Henderson in 1997’s ‘Welcome to Sarajevo.’
13. Mark Addy became Robert Baratheon in ‘GOT’ with just fully grown facial hair. His character as Dave in ‘The Full Monty’ movie in 1997 looked very much the same. Only without the facial hair.
12. Yara Greyjoy played by Gemma Whelan is a character that challenged the status quo. In 2010’s ‘The Wolfman,’ her role as Gwen’s maid was a badass one as well. It is hardly surprising that her fierce look seems to grow with her age as well.
11. Though Arya has always had a strong spirit, her cuteness cannot be denied. As one of the actors that look way younger than their age, Maisie Williams who plays Arya can be easily mistaken for a child now. She most definitely grew in strength what she lacks in height.
10. Kit Harrington plays the role of the iconic Jon Snow on ‘GOT.’ It is obvious that Kit has matured over the years. As one who has gone through death itself, he seems to look all the better for it.
9. Gwendoline Christie’s role in ‘Wizards vs. Aliens’ in 2012 is very contrasting to that of the mighty swordswoman in ‘GOT.’ Brienne of Tarth might seem like a complex character at first, but it turns out she is as simple as they come. Tormund sees this simplicity after all.
8. Charles Dance plays Tywin Lannister in ‘GOT.’ Tywin is a character that you never want to mess with as he does not dance around his intentions. However, Charles seemed to know all about dance in the movie ‘Ali G Indahouse’ in 2002.
7. A beard seems to do a whole lot of things for a man. Young Kristofer Hivju looked practically naked without his beard compared to his character as Tormund the wildling. The difference is mind-blowing!
6. Jason Momoa in the 2003 movie ‘Baywatch’ was hot. Kahl Drogo in ‘Game of Thrones,’ on the other hand, was jaw-dropping. Can any other male character compare to him? Fans of ‘GOT’ can answer to this.
5. Diana Rigg played the role of Olenna Tyrell. The young Diana looks remarkably different from the bereaved grandmother in the series. However, the spark in her eyes hasn’t dwindled over the years.
4. Hodor has warmed his way into the hearts of fans throughout the show. Young Kristian Nairn might not have looked exactly like his character on the show. However, his puffy face would always be a part of him.
3. The Hound never gives a damn, and Rory Mccann As Kenny Mcleod in 2002’s ‘The Book Group,’ sure did not give a damn. Probably that’s Rory’s natural look.
2. A young Nikolaj Coster-Waldau looked less of the Kingslayer that he is for his role in the 1994 movie ‘Watchman.’ We guess as times goes, bravery increases.
1. The young Queen is not to be judged based on her looks alone. Emilia Clarke is truly a fantastic actress. As Savannah in 2010’s ‘Triassic Attack,’ she blew minds. Although she has evolved to become the mother of dragons, her innocence remains evident.
It is evident that age sure dealt a blow on some of your favorite ‘Game of Thrones' characters. While some aged gracefully, others didn’t. Whose now and then photo totally threw you off balance? Kindly share your thoughts with us in the comment. Also spice up the day of your friends who are fans of 'GoT' by sharing this article with them.
Source: Bored Panda