2019 Met Gala Red Carpet Might Have Taken It Too Far With The Celebrities Outfits This Year
Art is a form of expression, and we did see a lot of our celebrities expressing themselves at the Met Gala. There's an expectation of seeing stars at their most creative for the Metropolitan Museum of Arts Costume Institute. This year’s theme was It's “Camp: Notes on Fashion.” As predicted, we saw the craziest and most astonishing looks on our favorite celebrities. Below is what we think of some of the spectacular outfits.
30. Only Kim Kardashian could have persuaded Theirry Mugler to come out of retirement to make a dress for her. The outfit took eight months to make, and it made her look like she was dripping water.
29. Travis Scott and Kylie Jenner gave us the couple goals. With his military-inspired Dior men attire. Kylie, on the other hand, stunned us in lavender feathers and lace made by Atelier Versace. It came with a matching lavender colored hair together with Lorraine Schwartz jewelry.
28. In case the light went out at the met gala we are sure Katy Perry could have lit up the whole place with her crystal chandelier dress.
27. Zendaya's dress literally lit-up on the red carpet. She was dressed in a pale blue Tommy Hilfiger Cinderella ball gown. It was complete with a fairy godmother, pumpkin carriage clutch and a headband accented hairdo.
26. Dressed in a sheer neon rainbow-winged Atelier Versace dress with Bulgari gems and combs accessorizing her hair. Lupita Nyong'o looked spectacular with her extra dramatic makeup.
25. Cardi B got a “wow!” from husband Offset in her anatomically-inspired massive Thom Browne look. It came with a bugle-beaded Stephen Jones headpiece.
24. Nick Jonas and wife, Priyanka Chopra brought magic to the red carpet both dressed in designs by Dior.
23. Dressed to the nines in an allover embellished and embroidered Michael Kors Collection catsuit. Gigi Hadid wore a matching Stephen Jones cap and Lorraine Schwartz jewelry.
22. Both in a custom, Dundas looks – Dwyane Wade in a headpiece and harness with an embellished black tux, while Gabrielle Union was in a sheer “cardigan and swim cap” with Lorraine Schwartz jewelry. The couple looked all black with silver linings.
21. The newlyweds, Joe Jonas, and Sophie Turner made their first public appearance. The cute couple dressed in coordinated matching pop art inspired Louis Vuitton outfits.
20. Alicia Keys looked like an angel in a seafoam sequin Carolina Herrera with a hood and train, plus Tiffany & Co. jewelry.
19. In a bubblegum-pink ensemble of a chiffon gown with a feathered train, lace tights, and strappy heels, plus archival Bulgari jewelry. Our sweetheart, Naomi Campbell, looked elegant.
18. Cara Delevingne looked like a rainbow wearing a Dior Haute Couture with matching pumps, a cane, and a playful headpiece. It was completed with nice jewelry by Harry Kotlar and Maxior.
17. Ciara was all glitter and sparkles in slinky, sheer and skin-baring emerald green Dundas, with jewelry by Lorraine Schwartz. The headpiece by House of Malakai and custom sandals by Gianvito Rossi. Well, we don't know what to say about her huge hair.
16. Gwen Stefani was also all drip in her white satin Moschino by Jeremy Scott and bustier bodysuit with chains of embellished gems. Completed with a white marabou coat embellished with “Gwen,” collar necklace and Christian Louboutin heels, and she looked striking.
15. Jared Leto spooked us all at the met gala. He wore a high-necked crimson full-length coat with beaded strap … and a bust of his own head. His ensemble is all Gucci, of course.
14. Danai Gurira wore a deeply plunging black jumpsuit with train by Gabriela Hearst and added a top hat and cane.
13. These newlyweds were also making their debut. Miley Cyrus wore a peppermint-stripe sequin mini and Swiss-dot tights with archival Bulgari jewelry, while Liam Hemsworth was in a black suit. Both their costumes were Saint Laurent by Anthony Vaccarello.
12. Emily Blunt was dressed like a gold foil. She wore a glittering gold Michael Kors Collection gown with floral appliqués and matching Stephen Jones headpiece – all consists of more than 510,000 sequins.
11. Dressed in zebra print, Tiffany Haddish showed her wild side in a full sequin zebra print look by Michael Kors Collection. She paired it with a clutch (which was full of fried chicken she cooked herself).
10. Nicki Minaj looked like a doll just like always. She donned on a baby-pink Atelier Prabal Gurung with a ruffled train and matching lace-up Brother Vellies heels. Sexy and cute, just as always.
9. We were quite shocked to see Harry Styles pair his sheer Gucci blouse with a pearl earring to co-host the gala.
8. Constance Wu looked like a diva in a super extra, beaded and sheer Marchesa with dazzling headpiece and Stuart Weitzman heels.
7. Serena Williams showed up in a very colorful chartreuse puff-sleeve Atelier Versace gown. It was covered in pink tulle leaf appliqués and featuring a full train, plus matching yellow Nike sneakers and de Grisogono jewels. Who knew you could wear sneakers with such a dressy gown?
6. The golden girl at the met gala was Mindy Kaling. She wore a gold sequined dress with a large bow at the shoulder by Moschino finished off with her quite lengthy blonde hair.
5. Jourdan Dann wore a custom Zac Posen x GE Additive x Protolabs gown with 3D-printed plastic petals affixed to a cage molded to her measurements, plus Jacob & Co. jewelry.
4. Gwyneth Paltrow showed up in a Valley of the Dolls-inspired pale yellow Chloé gown with Jimmy Choo heels and Jewels by G earrings and ring. She looked flawless as always.
Read More: Worst Grammy Award Dresses That Some Celebrities Might Feel Really Bad About (And Some To Be Proud Of)
3. Tracee Ellis Ross knew we would all be stiring as she came in a frame. The actress was dressed in a custom Moschino by Jeremy Scott gown. Her dress was adorned with Jimmy Choo heels and Tiffany & Co. jewelry.
2. Janelle Monae took the theme to the next level as she actually wore a dress with a blinking crystal eye.
1. Gal Gadot looked like a baby girl in her head to toe lace look with a pearl headband.
We were amazed by what the celebrities came up with, and we absolutely loved some of them. There were different, weird and bizarre designs. Which of the look was the most mysterious and which one was your best? Let us know your thoughts in the comment below and do not forget to share this article with your friends.