Very “normal” jobs "Game Of Thrones" Stars had before the show
After almost ten years of 'Game of Thrones', the show is almost over. Now, it is hard to imagine anyone else in the roles of Jon Snow or Daenerys Targaryen, and the rest of the cast has become extremely popular all over the world. However, they weren't always successful celebrities. They started from the bottom and had to work regular jobs just like other people. Let's find out what they did!
16. Actor Kit Harington plays the role of Jon Snow, who recently found out that he is actually Aegon Targaryen, the secret child of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Before landing his pivotal role on 'Game of Thrones', he used to work at a book store, where he had to carry a bunch of George R.R. Martin's works back and forth. He probably doesn't hate the author anymore, as 'GOT' also gave him his wife, Rose Leslie.
15. Gwendoline Christie plays the role of Brienne of Tarth, who was named a knight of the Seven Kingdoms in Season Eight, Episode Two by her friend, Jaime Lannister. Sadly, she was also left brokenhearted in Episode Four after Jaime seemingly returned to Cersei because he was "addicted" to her. Christie was a dog walker and secretary of the English actor Simon Callow before earning a spot on the show.
14. Rory McCann plays the part of Sandor "The Hound" Clegane, who ran away from the Lannister's command and formed a strange bond with Arya Stark. He almost died, but he is now on his way to King's Landing, presumably to kill his brother The Mountain. Of course, the Mountain is already sort of dead. In any case, McCann used to be a carpenter before 'Game of Thrones'.
13. Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson plays the role of Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane, and along with his brother, they always served the Lannisters. They never had a good relationship, and although Sandor left, he stayed with Cersei. He was also kind of killed by Oberyn "The Red Viper" Martell, but he was "revived" by Qyburn. Before landing his part, he was a security guard for a bank.
12. Kristofer Hivju plays the role of Tormund Giantsbane, the wildling who became good friends with Jon Snow and fell in love with Brienne of Tarth. Sadly, he was heartbroken in Season Eight Episode Four when Brienne left with Jaime, but he recovered soon enough. He is definitely a fan-favorite on the show, but it's unlikely that we will see him again. Meanwhile, Hivju wanted to be a rock star before becoming Tormund.
11. Jason Momoa played the role of Khal Drogo, Daenerys' husband, but unfortunately, he died in the first season after becoming a vegetable due to the tricks of Mirri Maz Duur. It's hard to say if Dany loved him more than she loves Jon Snow, but he was definitely different than her current love interest. Meanwhile, Momoa used to paint with pastels in Paris before landing the gig.
10. Kristian Nairn played the role of our beloved Hodor, the big man who protected and carried Bran beyond The Wall and to the North so that he could become the new Three-Eyed Raven. Unfortunately, he died in Season Six, and it was revealed that Hodor was actually a short version of "Hold the Door", which was created after a seizure and a time-loop problem. Meanwhile, the actor was and still is a thriving DJ.
9. Peter Dinklage plays the role of Tyrion Lannister, a fan-favorite character of the show. Some of the best lines in the series were uttered by the smartest Lannister such as, “Drinking and lust. No man can match me in these things. I am the god of tits and wine.” Now, thanks to Sansa's information, he might betray our dear Daenerys. Meanwhile, the actor had a desk job back in the end for Professional Examination Service, where he added information to a computer.
8. Liam Cunningham plays the role of Ser Davos Seaworth, who became the loyal advisor of Jon Snow after the death of Stannis Baratheon. He is also quite popular among fans, and he was the first to suggest that Dany and Jon should get married. He also won another battle without much expertise in swordsmanship after the Battle of Winterfell. Meanwhile, the actor was an electrician in Zimbabwe before landing the part in 'Game of Thrones'.
7. Natalie Dormer played the lovely and sexy Margaery Tyrell, who sadly died when Cersei Lannister blew up the Sept of Baelor in Season Seven. She was married to Tommen Baratheon, who killed himself after she died. This lovely actress used to be an office temp before landing the part in 'GOT'.
6. Emilia Clarke plays the role of Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen. The mother of dragons has definitely lost so much since Season Eight began, and we hope to see her rise from the ashes. A lot of people wish to see her on the Iron Throne, but now that Jon has a better claim, some will betray her. Meanwhile, Clarke was working six jobs, including catering, when she auditioned for the show.
5. Charles Dance played the role of Tywin Lannister, who was the cruel but shrewd leader of their house. He was unfortunately killed by Tyrion after he sentenced his own son to die for a crime he did not commit. Dance was a plumber's assistant before finding success as an actor.
4. Stephen Dillane played the role of Stannis Baratheon, who might have gone further in the race for the throne if he had not burnt his own daughter, Shireen, at the stake. Everyone hated Melissandre for that choice as well, but she was able to redeem herself a bit, unlike Stannis. Meanwhile, the actor used to work for a newspaper.
3. Alfie Allen played the role of Theon Greyjoy, who is arguably one of the best-developed characters on the show. He was a ward of the Starks, who later betrayed them. He was later tortured by Ramsay Bolton and managed to redeem himself to Sansa and Bran. He died at the hands of the Night King during the Battle of Winterfell. Allen used to be a kitchen porter.
2. Nathalie Emmanuel played the role of Missandei of Naath, the trusted advisor and translator of Daenerys Targaryen. She was also in a relationship with Grey Worm and sadly died at Cersei hands in Episode Four. Meanwhile, the actress worked at Hollister before landing this part.
1. Maisie Williams (Arya Stark), Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark), and Isaac Hempstead (Bran Stark) were all too young when the show started to have real jobs. 'Game of Thrones' was their first real gig, and what an opportunity!
We cannot imagine them doing anything else, and it's fun to consider this. Let us know what you think of their former jobs. If you liked this article, share it with your friends who don't want the show to end. See you next time!